tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts, if not my most favorite. i am having company tomorrow and made some refreshing tiramisu for us to enjoy. thought i'd share the recipe ;)
2 boxes of sara lee all butter pound cake
4 cups of fresh coffee mixed with 1 tbsp of sugar
2 cups of mascarpone cheese
2 cups of fat free cool whip
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
cocoa powder for dusting
i know most recipes for tiramisu call for lady fingers, but i never have any luck finding them, so i opted for pound cake.
1. take the first box of pound cake and cut into slices, length wise.
2. then cut each slice in half, length wise, and place them in an 8x8 baking dish
3. take your freshly brewed coffee (mixed with your 1 tbsp of sugar) and pour it over your pound cake until each slice is soaked (should only take about half of your coffee)
4. next, prepare the filling/topping by mixing your mascarpone cheese, cool whip, and sugar
5. spread about half of that creamy goodness on top of your soaked pound cake slices
6. take your second box of pound cake and repeat steps 1-3
7. spread the remaining mixture on top and dust with cocoa powder
8. let chill in refrigerator
YUM!! i cannot wait to dig into this refreshing goodness tomorrow!!