This past weekend was Brian's birthday and carrot cake is his absolute favorite. This is my mother-in-law's recipe and it never fails to please.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of heaping cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 stick of softened, real butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 box of confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
For the cake...
- Combine oil and sugar. Mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add carrots and mix.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter in 2 greased and floured nine inch (round or square) pans.
For the frosting...
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar.
Frost each layer of cake when it is completely cooled. Easy peasy!
(if you happen to be making this cake for a boy who loves lego blocks, light up the cake with some lego candles! yes, my hubby is 28 and loves legos.)