Wednesday, February 22, 2012

anything goes living room decor


i have decorating fever ... maybe it has to do with the fact that i am such a homebody and love to create beautiful things... and don't we all as women have a natural creative eye? (trust me, you do.) we may all have different styles, but the longing to create beauty is there. 

personally, i love mismatched, eclectic, and whimsical rooms with pattern mixings, textures, and randomness that creates interest. i am on a mission to make my home beautiful, room by room. i am starting with my living room. here are a few living rooms i am loving from my pinterest. 

love the hodgepodge of frames, the shiny wallpaper, and the mixture of pillow prints!


 the combination of colors in this room is fantastic. it has a random feel to it that just works. plus, that aqua tea-set makes a fabulous decorative piece :)


 are those fabric flowers hanging from the curtains? be still my heart... 


i decided to start our living room with decorative throw pillows and go from there... the renovation will be gradual, and it might be slow, but i love making our home our very own... and in our home, decorative-wise, anything goes...including very random patterns and prints! 
{pillows from anthropologie, pier1, and target...the two middle pillows were only $12 each, can you believe that?!}

6 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful eye. Your ideas sound fabulous and so fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to mismatch decor and make it look amazing! LOVE your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 bucks?! That's awesome!! And they looks so cute!! I love all the pictures you picked!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OooO! Can't wait to see how you decorate your living room piece by piece! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really love that first picture! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...