Friday, February 10, 2012

marriage.

so rather unexpectedly, i got sick on my birthday and had to leave school with a fever. i ended up having a stomach bug. of course, one never wishes to spend her birthday sick, but i still got to spend the day with my sweet boo, who stayed home to take care of me. 


there was a time when i would have died if brian had ever seen me puke, but he came in the bathroom and sweetly held my hair back for me as i did so. then he assured me that i threw up "very gracefully" when i was done so i would know that he still finds me beautiful. 


also, when i am sick, everything is like 10,000 x more dramatic. we were listening to adele's "someone like you" and were talking about the lyrics and we both just started crying (okay, he just got teary-eyed, i actually had tears streaming down my face). i mean, it's a really sad song if you actually listen to the lyrics! this poor girl still loves this guy, but he doesn't love her, and she's forced to live with that...go listen to it and try not to cry. 


i should also say that when i am sick, either something is entirely NOT funny, or it is 10,000 x funnier than it should be. boo simply gave me a kiss on the cheek and i lost my balance a little...i tried to tell him that he makes my knees weak, but it came out, "you make my wees kneak." suddenly, i fall the rest of the way to the ground in a heap of laughter.


oh marriage with my best friend... :) 

3 comments:

  1. Aw you poor thing! I'm so happy you have such a wonderful husband to take care of you. Sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Belated. We are definitely getting together sometime in March okay? Message me your cell #. I've actually wanted to text you randomly and I didn't have your #. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court! This just made my morning :) I fell over in bed laughing! I hope you are feeling better. Being sick is definitely no fun and especially on your birthday. But, if you have to be sick, this is definitely the way to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww =) Sorry you spent your birthday sick. That's not fun. Hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...