Thursday, September 23, 2010

i am giving myself to you, and tomorrow i will do it again

"I will give you this, my love, and I will not bargain or barter any longer. I will love you, as sure as He has loved me. I will discover what I can discover and though you remain a mystery, save God's own knowledge, what I disclose of you I will keep in the warmest chamber of my heart, the very chamber where God has stowed Himself in me. And I will do this to my death, and to death it may bring me.

I will love you like God, because of God, mighted by the power of God. I will stop expecting your love, demanding your love, trading for your love, gaming for your love. I will simply love. I am giving myself to you, and tomorrow I will do it again. I suppose the clock itself will wear thin its time before I am ended at this altar of dying and dying again"

this is a quote from "blue like jazz," which i absolutely recommend. what a beautiful picture of love it is and i pray to be empowered by the holy spirit to love this way. i think it paints a terrific picture of what love in a marriage should be. not always the rainbows and butterflies, but the reality of picking up your cross and choosing to love the one you have committed your life to.

thinking about how much i love my husband makes my heart swell. but there is room for so much more love, and i intend for it grow and grow. it will grow as long as i am growing in my love for jesus and learning more of his unfailing, sacrificial love for me. for we will never come to the end of learning the savior's love...and as long as there is room to love him more, there is room to love others more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...