Thursday, September 9, 2010

for me, not against me


from "quiet moments with god, prayers and promises for each new day," by lloyd john ogilvie.

beloved, i pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers
-3 john 2

"gracious god, who is constantly seeking my spiritual prosperity, i thank you for your care for every aspect of my life. when i am in a right relationship with you, everything else works better. i am healthier emotionally and physically when i relax and trust you to guide and strengthen me. amazingly, my relationships are more harmonious. when i do things your way, you work out things for your glory and my growth. it's really liberating to claim that you are for me and not against me. you are working night and day to accomplish your very best in my life. so i claim paul's promises to the philippians as my personal assurance today: "my god shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by christ jesus" (philippians 4:19)

thank you for this quiet moment to reorient my thinking and reform my attitude about today in the light of the spiritual prosperity in the riches of your grace and power. i confess that i often think about what i must do with the challenges and relationships of the day without thinking about how you will accomplish your will by your power through me. you do not want me to fail at life today. you are by my side in circumstances and dwell inside to give me courage. i'm spiritually wealthy for the expenditures of working with you today!"


amen. if you belong to god then he is for you. believe it in your heart and be free from the bondage of condemnation. check out this song by kari jobe, "you are for me"


So faithful
So constant
So loving and so true
So powerful in all you do
You fill me
You see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to you


I know that you are for me
I know that you are for me
I know that you will never forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come down
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are


So patient
So gracious
So merciful and true

So wonderful in all you do
You fill me
You see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to you


I know that you are for me
I know that you are for me
I know that you will never forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come down
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me that

I know that you are for me
I know that you are for me
I know that you will never forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come down
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...