Tuesday, September 14, 2010

who am i to be loved this way?

isaiah 40:10-11
see the sovereign lord comes with power,
and his arm rules for him.
see, his reward is with him,
and his recompense accompanies him.
he tends his flock like a shepherd:
he gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
and he gently leads those that have young.

i came across this verse today and am in love with the lord's beautiful mixture of power & might with his tenderness & gentleness. i feel so loved by him!

today is a busy and hectic day and i have let the stress of this world steal my sleep the past two nights as i kept waking up almost every hour. i often allow myself to feel defeated. but somehow this morning, the holy spirit got a hold of me and reminded me that because i am a child of god, i have his favor. i couldn't help but smile as i heard this, and i know i must have looked pretty silly, smiling to myself as i walked through campus. but i belong to him and he knows me...what's not to smile about?! then he lead me to the verse i posted above. who am i to be loved this way?

he not only encouraged me with his presence and his word, but through several other people. i received sweet&encouraging messages from my wonderful husband and my friends for no reason and felt/am still feeling so loved!

i praise the lord for his grace in granting me undeserved success, victory, & love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...